Sunday 21 August 2016

'Hot Hot Hot!'

It certainly is 'Hot, Hot, Hot!' here in Cyprus and it's also the theme of our next challenge at CD Sunday. This is the hottest Summer I have known since arriving here over 15 years ago. The high humidity has been unbearable for those living near the coast. Thank goodness we live higher up in the hills where the humidity has been lower......not much mind you! We are dreading the electricity bill for the air conditioning!!

Last times challenge at CD Sunday was for you to show us those shaped cards and did you Wow! us.....you certainly did. I think Margaret is going to have fun choosing her top three. This time it's Jocelyn's turn to chose and the theme is appropriately 'Hot, Hot, Hot!' I immediately thought of the hot weather as we were are in the middle of a heat wave but some of my teamies had other ideas. I won't spoil the surprises they have in store for you......you'll be amazed at some of their creations. They are certainly Hot Hot Hot!!

Here is my inspiration for you.


The image is from Ton Melkos CD and Project book. I began with hammered cream card stock folded landscape orientation. Then printed off the background paper and image and added these. The tiny flip flops and sunglasses were in my stash.....not sure where they were from sorry. I decoupaged the brolly and sun beds. The Warm Wishes greeting is from another CD but I can't remember which one. One of my teamies will know I'm sure.

The card was put together very simply and the scene looked like many you see here with sunbeds abandoned as people go down to the sea to try to stay cool in this very hot weather!

I hoep you'll be inspired to join in and for more 'Hot, Hot, Hot!' creations please pop over to CD Sunday (link in sidebar) and see what the rest of the team have created. Prepare to be amazed!!

Have a fun week and take care in the sun or wrap up warm if it's still Winter where you are!!

7 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this card Wynn - such a tranquil scene. Just wish we had a little bit of the sunshine! This weekend we've had rain, high winds and a power cut.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wynn - am having a bit of trouble leaving a comment. Had to work at it. I love the atmosphere on this card. Such a reminder of warm quiet days on the beach. The sort of times my family used to have in Cornwall years and years ago.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea why Carol. Thanks for the info xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card, certainly makes me feel hot,
    I hope some of your heat extends to Greece where we will be heading in two weeks, keep cool if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scene - must get thinking about my entry. Thanks for choosing my card for your challenge - really made my day.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tranquil beach scene without a cloud in the sky love the CAS style of your card

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful beach scene - very relaxing and I love those little flip flops and sunglasses.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete