Sunday 7 August 2016

CD Sunday 'Let's Shape it up!'

Phewwww it's hot. We're still having heat wave here in Cyprus. My Grand daughters leave the island today. There'll be lots of tears from me when they do. They have been wonderful company and we've had lots of fun. I will miss them soooooo much!

I haven't done any crafting this week so I was pleased that I was up to date with my DT makes. This time at CD Sunday Margaret has chosen her first challenge for us and it's Let's Shape it up'. This is always a favourite of mine as I love making them and seeing all the different shapes that crafters always come up with. It was my turn last time with  'Fab and Feminine ' challenge. The entries were FABULOUS, although a bit sparse, I think a lot of people must still be on holiday. How I am going to choose my winner I do not know. I let you know in two weeks and I will be sending a wee parcel of crafty goodies to my winner.

Now on to my inspiration for you this time.



 I decided to make another Christmas card. My stock of Christmas cards is slowly growing with the emphasis on SLOW! It will still be a rush when the big day arrives! I had this craker template in my stash and thought it would be perfect for the challenge. The CD I have used to pretty it up is from Ooh La La 'Shawn Jenkins Collection' There are two sections on the CD. One every day occasions and the other is Christmas. I printed the background on to card stock and cut out the cracker shape. This was folded landscape orientation as you can  see. I then printed off the baubles from the embellishments section of the CD and fussy cut them, I placed the larger one centrally and the two smaller ones on the end sections of the cracker. I had some pearls on a wire string in my stash and I wrapped this around where the indentations are on the cracker. I also added small gems along the zig zag edges.  The tiny sentiment 'Seasons Greetings' is a peel off placed on a scrap of the designer paper and anchored with two wooden snowflakes from my stash.

I hope I've inspired you to take part in Margaret's first challenge choice for CD Sunday. Don't forget to pop over to CD Sunday and be inspired further with some of the wonderful shapes the team have used.  (link in side bar)

Finally PLEASE PLEASE remember to use something from a CD, however small, and give credit to the CD. If you don't, then you won't be in with the chance of a yummy prize sorry xx

Have a great week crafting and I hope to be vising you soon. Off now to try to cool down!!

9 comments:

  1. I love your shaped card, it was perfect and another Christmas card for your stock, I had not thought of a Christmas cracker, and your design is lovely.
    Can you just send us a few degrees of heat and sun towards the West Country, so Carol can stay cooler, it's raining here, dull and windy this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fussy cutting is impressive Wynn! I'm not very good at cutting out by hand. I love your cracker card and it's one more crossed off the list!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Wynn, the blue is a beautiful shade almost icy, the baubles and gems add to that feel love your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cracker shape and babuble images
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Wynn, such a great shape and pretty blues.
    Just to let you know, I don't think there is a tutorial for the collar card - I will try and do when when I get a minute.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a cracker! Lol Brilliant card. So many different shapes are appearing :-)
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Wynn. Like you I have started on some Christmas cards but slow progress.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wynn. Great shape for your card and I love the addition of the pearls. Beautiful colours used and I love the pattern on the baubles. Impressive fussy cutting too. Jo x

    ReplyDelete