Sunday 26 February 2017

'Punch it out' at CD Sunday!

Time for a new challenge at CD Sunday and it is by choice of theme this time. I decided to go for punches or dies in your creations as there are so many fabulous dies and punches always popping up on craft blogs to tempt us to spend, spend, spend!!! Have you been tempted like me?

This is my inspiration for you.


It's a pleated aperture card. The idea for the card came from Christina on youtube. Her tutorials are always so clear and easy to follow. I have adapted it but the general idea is the same.

I started with A4 white card stock folded landscape. I embossed a piece of A5 card,  to cover top, with a new embossing folder from Spellbinder. The centre aperture was cut using  a labels die I've had for a while .

Now for the tricky part!! Using some yummy background paper, that I printed off from a Crafters Companion CD Halcyon Days I made a rosette. ( check out Christina's video if you need help making this....link higher up in post) The rosette was put behind the aperture. I placed it slightly off centre just to add interest.  You need plenty of 3D tape to secure and heighten the embossed layer as the rosette is quite high....tricky part. 

I used a border punch that I've had for eons and put a strip down one side. On the other side I have some white ribbon and a die cut spray of ivy leaves from Joanne Sheen.  I added a white bow and a gem to match the colour of the rosette paper. Then a smaller label was cut from the same set of dies as the larger aperture and a greeting from my stash was added with matching gems.

So lots of dies and punches on this one but using only one, either a punch or a die, will be fine for the challenge but please remember that this is a CD challenge and you need to use something from a CD in your creation and give credit to the maker/ designer to be in with a chance of the prize that is always on offer.

I look forward to seeing your creations using those dies or punches you have. You never know I may be tempted to spend if I see one I really, really  need!!!. So are you ready to tempt me!!
#
Have fun!!

9 comments:

  1. Great idea to use a rosette behind the die cut and embossed top layer, a really different card with a great explanation of how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a pleated aperture card before and the effect is fabulously dimensional. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot of work into this card and it's a fabulous card, Thank you for link to make this shape. I love the middle and your layout.
    Gorgeous card.
    I M off to see how to make this shape

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unusual Wynn! Those rosettes are a bit tricky to hold down and stick aren't they?
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Wynn, a beautiful embossed panel and lovely design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your creations Wynn but by the time I had read all your wonderful hints, tips etc I was exhausted. I will admire from afar but stick to my parchment, stitching and decoupage. Now is square a shape?
    Mega hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not one for you then Carol lol!! Square is definitely a shape!!! Hugs W xx

      Delete
  7. I've never seen a rosette used in this way before, what a great idea. The perspective it gives makes the card look as if it is several inches deep, what a clever optical illusion!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty and different. Great challenge.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete