Monday 27 February 2017

'Embossing' with Ooh La La

It's time for our next challenge at Ooh La La chosen by Julie. She would like to see some embossing on your creation. We had lots of entries last for Jennifer's challenge, 'Die Cuts'. She has decide on her Top Three to don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog (link in sidebar) and see if you're a winner. The prize is two digis of your choice from the Ooh La La shop  link

This is my inspiration for you.


I started with white card stock and cut out the handbag shape using a template that one of my lady crafters had designed....thank you Christine. I embossed it with a new folder from Spellbinders.

Then using an edging die I cut out the two top layers. The pink floral one uses background paper from an Ooh La La  CD ' Fleur d' Imagination'. There are so many pretty papers on this CD that I was spoilt for choice.

 The scalloped handle was cut with the same edging die and from the same background paper .  I die cut some flowers again using the same background paper and white card stock and paper pieced the flowers.....tricky if you lose a tiny piece so take care when using this technique.

Finally I added gems and seed pearls to finish. Et Voila!!

I hope I've inspired you to take part in this challenge and don't forget there's always a prize on offer from Ooh La La (link to shop higher up the post)

Have fun and I look forward to visiting you soon.

3 comments:

  1. What a beauty Wynn, , love the embossing folder you used and your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty handbag and a lovely card! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Wynn, a lovely shape and pretty embossing.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete