Sunday 5 April 2020

#99 Unstampabelles

Good Day!! Well I hope you are managing to stay sane during this time of uncertainty in the world!!! I have been very busy in my craft room trying to get ahead of the Christmas rush !!

Our April challenge at Unstampabelles is all about creativity.....something we crafters thrive on!!
The challenge is called 'Creative Souls and Being Creative'  So its all about Art....creating it, looking atit, admiring it etc etc.
The optional twist is ....To mane a creative person you admire and CAS a piece of their work, without using stamps of course!

I have long been an admirer of the Art Dec o Movement. So with this in mind I set about creating a piece for you.

The Art Deco Movement reached it's height in the 1920s, '30s and '40s.The key features are bold designs, clear lines , vibrant colours and patterns. The style brings glamour, luxury and order with symmetrical designs in exuberant shapes.

Here is my inspiration for you.


I told you I'd been working on Christmas!!! The image as you can see is set in a typical Art Deco geometrical shape. I am sure you'll agree that is also says luxury and glamour. All Art Deco boxes are ticked with this image from Hunky Dory. I placed the image on a white scalloped pre scored card from my stash. The background is also from Hunky Dory and the image placed below those glamorous chandeliers I hope show some  symmetry....think I might be a wee bit out on that one if you look closely!!

I hope you will be inspired to join us. Pop over to Unstampabelles and see which creative soul has inspired the rest of the team. There's always a random prize draw too. But don't forget NO stamps please.....we are UNSTAMPabelles!!

Take Care and Stay Safe. Don't go out unless you really have to and stay a safe distance from others. Protecting yourself and our vital front line services.

Happy crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love art deco and this is a lovely example of Art Deco

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really stylish Wynn. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete