Monday 3 June 2019

All that Glitters at Unstampabelles

Well can you believe it's June and we are halfway through the year already!! We were promised sunshine this weekend but sadly not in the North East....a bit rainy and dull here. Think the rest of the UK are having sunshine tho so it's good for some .....enjoy! Down Under in Australia and Tasmania, where our lovely Unstampabelles leader Susan lives, Winter has begun. So wrap up warm and keep those Winter bugs away!!

So a new month then which means a new challenge at Unstampabelles. This time we are looking for a stained glass effect using diecuts and the added twist to use glitter or glitter card. This is my inspiration for you.


I started with white card stock embossing with a Jacobean pattered embossing folder. I then added a green mat at an angle. Taking some white card I die cut it using a flourish die. Then added liquid pearls around the swirls in a matching green. I placed green glitter card behind it to create the 'stained glass' effect. There are several techniques to create this look (check out YouTube videos) but I went for the simplistic version. I then layered it at an angle on top of the green mat using 3D pads to give it some depth. I diecut The Happy Birthday in the matching green card stock and placed it at the bottom left corner.

I hope you'll be tempted to join us at Unstampabelles. Remembering the only rule.....NO STAMPS PLEASE...either digi or otherwise.

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty - I love the bright fresh colour. I didn't realise you were back in the UK now - I hope you are ok after A&E
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely. Such an elegant card. Thanks - hope the sun begins to shine soon!

    ReplyDelete