Monday 4 May 2015

Unstampabelles 'Family History'

Good Morning everyone. I'm a wee bit late with this post for Unstampabelles latest challenge but sometimes this PC just won't let me type in anything.....gremlins grrrrr.

Susan has challenged us this month with a theme that will be close to most peoples heart.....Family or more precisely...Who is in your family tree? The optional twist is Make it Vintage.

What is a family?

 ''You can have several families in your lifetime, even several families at once if you choose. Regardless of how you choose to define your family unit, whether it is traditional or unique, your definition is of the family unit that works for you. As the saying goes, "Family is what you make it." Whether made of blood relatives, friends, or pets, or a combination of these, your family can offer you the support you need to thrive.'' family.lovetoknow.com

But for the purpose of this challenge it is who is in your family tree. So we are looking for ancestral links e.g a mother, grandmother, aunt, uncle. father etc.

I chosen from my tree my Grandmother. She was very loving and supportive. Always there to help anyone. In fact the day she suddenly died was one such day. A old lady was ill and my Grandmother walked several miles to a pharmacy to get her her medicines. She came home and collapsed with a stroke never recovering. Bless her xx She was only 73.

This is her taken as a portraiture with my Grandfather when they were young. I have 'snipped' Grandpa off and will be using his piccie for another day.


I hope this will inspire you to seek out your old family portraits. This is one I have found only a short while ago when I got together with some of my second cousins. We got together after researching our family tree. It was a great afternoon of photo exchanges and stories. One dear cousin arrived from USA!! I couldn't believe this was my Grandmother as she looks so young and very pretty. I had never seen photographs of her at this age. In fact you never think of your Grandparents as ever being young do you. Another fact I discovered during this time of researching was about her brother. He had emigrated to Australia in the late 1800s and that branch of the family are now living in Hunter Valley. We have never met but occasionally I have emails from them. What a small world. I don't think he will have seen this photograph either. I may just have to send him a copy. So families far and wide for me and I suppose for you too.

Time for you to tell us a little about your family and make either a scrapbook page, card, memory box anything really. The prize this time is again donated my Susan. It is a great pillow box die.

 
The bottle of glue is not part of the prize . It's only been added to give you an idea of the die size.

Have fun and don't forget NO STAMPS x.You'll find the link to the Unstampabelles challenge in my sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Morning Wynn what a beautiful project I think your design is wonderful.

    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo and beautifully displayed. Love the story too. Pretty die cut doilies.

    ReplyDelete