Sunday 20 September 2015

'Pearls and Lace' at CD Sunday

Good Sunday Morning to you. It's time for another challenge at CD Sunday. First of all I've got to say WOW!! There were some fab entries for Carol's 'Gorgeous Gowns' last time and choosing her top three is going to be difficult!!

This time I have chosen 'Pearls and Lace' so another pretty girly challenge.....two in row whatever was I thinking!!

This is my inspiration for you.


The CD I have used is one of Debbie Moore's latest. It's called 'Elegant Moments'. There are some fab images on this CD and I had difficulty choosing just one!!

I used white card stock for the main card. Then I scanned some lace material to make the background paper. The bottom edge you can just see shows how the lace fell on to the scanner making an interesting border line I thought . So I decided to place it a short way up from the bottom of the white card to give it a 'broken' edging.....hope you understand what I mean.

The image was placed at an angle and the sentiment I adhered with 3D pads. Finally I made a bow with some ribbon from my stash and placed flat backed pearls around the sentiment and along the bottom of the lace. You can see that her dress just hangs over the bottom edge of the frame and again this breaks up the straight line......I liked that idea.

You will fund lots of fab inspiration from the rest of the design team over at CD Sunday (link in sidebar). Please pop over and visit them and don't forget to give them some love. I look forward to visiting you all and seeing what yummy creations you have made for this time's challenge.

Have a great week crafting!!




7 comments:

  1. A stunning card for your pick of theme Wynn, I love this card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Wynn. I also thought how appropriate it was for the last theme. I love the effect of the bottom edge.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Wynn and a lovely theme, the image is stunning and i love the placement of the pearls,.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful sophisticated card love the image and your paper, great idea to scan in lace to make the background love your card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely classy card, gorgeous design!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Wynn, your lacy background is gorgeous along with your elegant image - a fabulous challenge theme as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever idea to scan the lace for the background. It looks amazing. Love the colours too.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete