Thursday 25 July 2013

Dragons and Dreams

Here is the CD Sunday challenge card I promised to put on here a few days ago but only just got around to it.....where do the days go. As I said in the previous post this is my second go at this challenge card as I felt the previous one didn't really fit the theme. I searched through my stash and found this ever so cute image of a baby dragon. It's a CUP image by Aisne Smith. The background is two papers from aCD Vintage Treasures by Krafty Hands. This card is a large DL. I've got 'millions' of envelopes to fit this size of card but I never seem to get around to making any.



I've added a half border in the contrasting turquoise to allow the image to 'pop' .....think it's worked. It could have been too flat if I'd only used my favourite colour...purple....don't you think? The CUP  image is decoupaged. I'll be adding the sentiment later when I decide who'll be receiving this cutey!!

Challenges: cdsundaychallenge.......Dragon and Dreams
                    leftofcenterchallenges.....SPOTS OR STRIPES
                    polkadoodle.....Let it Fly

13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card - love the pyramid layers! I too have lots of DL cards, just don't make them very often! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Wynn, we don't see enough of DL cards. Lovely image of the dragon and i like the layers and colours
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Wynn, love the layers and the dragon image.
    Good to see a DL card for a change.
    Thanks for joining us again this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful little dragon. Wouldn't mind finding him in my garden. It's a lovely card Wynn. Thank you for persevering and joining in this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Wynn and as Sue has said we don't see many DL cards these days. It has given me an idea for a challenge.
    Great colours and thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Wynn, I have loads of DL envelope also and like you don't very often make DL cards. Thanks for joining in this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Wynn, I like DL cards very elegant! Thanks for sharing this one with us.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Wynn. Love the colours you have chosen. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Wynn, so elegant and pretty. Thank you for joining in at Left Of Center! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at Left Of Center Creative Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always like the effect of pyramids, very pretty DL card. Thanks for sharing with us again at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Wynn, just my colours too. thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see a DL revival! Thanks for the reminder about this size and shape with your pretty card.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete