Monday 1 July 2013

Dancing with Shadows

It's been a very hot week here in Cyprus. The whole place is buzzing with tourists which is fantastic for economy. We had a lovely day out at Pissouri yesterday. It was quieter than Paphos but still busy for a small coastal village. We watched some guy kite surfing. Boy do they have to be strong. I thought he'd be blown away one point, as there were some strong winds down at the coast. He was certainly 'dancing' above the waves from time to time!!!


 
Ok back to this week's challenge at CD Sunday and my last week as Guest Designer....soooo sad!!
The challenge 'Dance' was chosen by Carol.
I decided on the Joanne Sheen CD 'Dancing with Shadows'. Some fab black and white images on this CD the image I chose however does have a hint of orange. I went for a stepper card this time. They always look effective and so easy to make. I used orange card to pick up the orange in the image.
 
I added  black sequin strips and flowers. Black ribbbon and bows on the bottom step with a sentiment from my stash 'Happy Days'. The card will be perfect for a friend who many years ago loved to dance. Now.....well let's just say.....'old age is a bummer!!'....I'll let you guess. That's right no longer able to dance but boy when we were able to we certainly had  'happy days' dancing!!
Thank you Carol, for choosing the theme and allowing be to go down memory lane. Thank you to CD Sunday for allowing me to have a fab time with you all this month as Guest Designer.
Fingers crossed someone views my blog this week as I got no takers last week :( I know we're all sooooooooo busy. Catch you sometime and don't forget to visit the fab creations by the rest of the team at CD Sunday
 
Challenge: Anything but square cupcakecraft challenges
Linky Party make it monday
Flowers Crafty Catz
Anything Goes sister act

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Wynn. You have matched the colour in the image perfectly with the cardstock and the embellishments.
    I'm well over the hill by the way and still dancing.Not looking forward to days days when I can't.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous card Wynn, you have certainly done us proud with your GDT designs. My apologies as I didn't manage to comment last week, (I thought I had.)
    Thanks for being a superb designer and I don't think it will be too long before we ask you back.
    Enjoy your sunshine, missing mine as it has been unsettled since I came home.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Wynn, I love the orange and black together. The bead and sequin trim looks wonderful.

    Sue T x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've used orange in your lovely card. I've enjoyed seeing your designs as the CD Sunday GDT - great job. Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I have really enjoyed being part of the CD Sunday team. W x

      Delete
  5. A gorgeous creation, love the colours...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Wynn I see your card on MIM and wooow this is really adorable...great card and great main Image...love this....

    I see your card on MIM and if you want to see my card is number 47 (near your card LOL)...hope you come and see my card on my blog...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning card, absolutely gorgeous.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant card, saw this on MIM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card and image Wynn. Visiting from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! Thanks for playing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Wynn, your card is beautiful, I really like this dancing silhouette (as being a dancer LOL). I would like to thank you that you entered my new challenge blog 'C... is for Challenge'. Thank you for your trust and I wish you good luck in the draw!
    Hugs from Poland,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. An amazing image . Love the card design ..
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This a beautiful card. I love that image and making it a step card was right on! I feel a CASE coming on LOL! Just visiting from MIM but will surely come again - you have some lovely cards. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw your card on MIM. I love this look really clean. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work and a great card shape. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete