Saturday 18 November 2017

Christmas....using non traditional colours

Time for our next fun challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. As we know you'll be in full throws of Christmas card making Hilde thought it appropriate to ask you to make a Christmas card. The card must use non traditional colours .....so a bit of a challenge .

This is my inspiration for you. My non traditional colour is ....guess what...PINK!! My favourite colour...... so no surprises there!


I am showing another card using acetate and a Hunky Dory image.  The main card is a piece of A4 acetate folded.
 TIP: You must use a heavier weight acetate or it won't stand.

I placed the image on the inside and matched up the framing on the front to create a window effect. I added strips of silver washi tape and pink and silver ribbons down the right hand side on the front
The sentiment/ verse  topper is on the back panel....you can just see it peeping through the ribbon strips.
 TIP: Ensure you leave space on this topper to enable the sender to write their name. As they obviously can't write on the acetate unless they use an indelible marker pen.

Finally I added a die cut greeting and a snowflake from a Lidl's pack of snowflake toppers.

I hope you join us for this challenge. Remember it's cards only for fun.
Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love your card, and the use of acetate, nice to see a Christmas card not in traditional colours.

    ReplyDelete