Sunday 16 October 2016

#64 'Outside your comfort zone!!!' with the Belles

We are mid way through October and it's tiem for more inspiration for you at Unstampabelles. This time Susan has really challenged the team. She asked us to move out of our comfort zone to create something !!! Mmmmm not good I hear you say BUT good fun once you get started lol!! It took me a while I might tell you. My main aversion is to stamping but as theis Unstampabelles I couldn't do that. So something else that is messy....which I don't like....getting messy that is not making a mess!! So I went with Mixed Media.  This is what I have created to inspire you.

 
I had a small canvas in the stash which I'd bought a while ago so I began with that. I added decoupage glue over the canvas to seal it. I had also recently bought some spray inks from Lidls which hadn't been opened so I thought I'd play around with these to see what happens. I swirled the colour on to the background with a 'fan' brush. The ink was pearlerised so has a nice sheen to it. The image is some left over Japanese paper that I had for some shabby chic work. This was adhered to the board as was the 'lavender image' which was the same paper type. (like napkin papers) I added a doiley to the corner and then some lace on top of it. I played around with some flowers and leaves from my stash to create a spray for the opposite corner. Then added some pearls to the flowers in the girl's hair to finish. So my interpretation of mixed media which has a messy background and glue was everywhere!!
 
Please try and move out of your comfort zone join in this fun challenge. The twist is optional and is to use a different edge. There's a yummy prize on offer as usual. This time a great die donated by Susan.
 
Theres='s more inspiration for you over at the challenge blog 9link in sidebar0 for Unstampabelles. Main rule for this challenge is to follow the theme and don't use stamps in any form digi or otherwise.
I look forward to visiting you and to seeing if you created as much a  mess as I did !! Have fun!!

3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh you getting out of your comfort zone with the glue, well it looks lovely and very pretty. Well done.
    Why I laughed it's a pity you were not in my craft room the other day I had pvc glue for the background die cuts and then 3D glue for the front and nativity die cuts and trees, well I got in a mess, not helped when I picked up the pvc glue brush by the head and had glue all over my hand. I might add I could not get all of it washed off my hand when I needed to go to the loo, in the end I had it on the tap, loo door handle, towel, you name it I glued it. It was like a scene from Halloween. You would have been in tears with laughter all the way back to Cyprus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret you glue 'mess' made me laugh especially the loo episode!! Nightmare eh!!! Thanks for visiting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - what a beautiful card!
    Congratulations!
    I am pleased to participate in our challenge:
    IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES #74 - GIRL POWER
    http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/2016/10/ikesworld-challenges-74-girl-power.html
    Good luck!

    Borqna - IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES DT

    ReplyDelete