Sunday 31 July 2016

Unstampabelles August Challenge

Good Morning! Can you believe it's August and time for another challenge at Unstampabelles. We had lots of yummy entries for our last challenge 'Go Native' . The DT are busy choosing their fave ......wait and see if it's you!!

This time Susan wants you to create anything but a card. So plenty of scope for your creativity. The twist is to do a tutorial for your make or link it to a tute.

This is what I have been playing with this month.

 
I have been playing with some flower petals that I bought from a Facebook crafter who was selling off her stuff. I found this tutorial on .youtube
They were quite easy to make and the lovely part was creating the gem in the centre. I used a circle of card and added pearls in a circle and then a gem to the centre. When I had finished them I felt they were too large to add to cards so I hunted through my craft stash and found some unloved barrettes which I'd had for eons. I covered them with ribbon using hot glue and attached the flowers to the centre. Eh Voila! I now have some pretty hair ornaments or they can be used on a beach sarong by slipping them through the knott.
 
 
 
There is a great prize for this challenge too donated by the lovely Susan.
 
 
It's a fab Bellina Butterfly Stem Die. Now who wouldn't want to win that!
 
I hope you enjoy this challenge.....I know I did. I will be popping in to see all your lovely creations soon. In the meantime I am scheduling this post as my Grand Daughters arrive in Cyprus this weekend (for the first time) . I am sooooo excited!! I won't have a lot of time to craft but I'll be making plenty of time for cuddles!!
Have fun!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, I might join in this challenge see what I can come up with. Thanks for the link will be having a look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. It would be great if you joined us. It's always an interesting and challenging blog. Makes you really stretch your imagination. The only rule is not to use stamps and Susan always donates a fab prize every month. Look forward to seeing what you create. W x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers and a great idea
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Wynn. Enjoy your grandchildren and all the cuddles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful" bard Wynn, beautiful colours too
    Hugs Julie Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very pretty Wynn. I've never thought to make my own flower centres. What a good idea as then you can make whatever colour you like.
    Enjoy the time with your granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete