Sunday 1 March 2015

'Peace and Harmony ' with Unstampabelles

 
Wow it's March already where is the time going this year. Over at Unstampabelles Susan is asking us to think about Peace and Harmony for our creations. In these troubled times this seems like an apt theme to be working with. The world needs a lot of Peace and Harmony at the moment. As usual there is an optional twist of flight. So plenty to choose from here don't you think. The only tiny rule is not to use stamping in any form either digi or otherwise. We are UN stampabelles after all. Last months challenge National Symbols sadly didn't prove popular but there were some fab entries from those who dared to take up the challenge. Susan will announce the winner and DT's fave later in the month so look out for that too.
 
This is my inspiration this month for you.
 
 

I made this at my craft group where my colleague demonstrated this Forwards and Backwards card......that is how she describe it and had seen it in a magazine but couldn't remember which one......someone out there may know so shout out so I can give credit for the design.

You begin with a piece of A4 card . I used pale blue from a Lidls pad, It was cut equally across the middle...landscape orientation. Then both pieces were folded in two. I hope you can see in the piccie that the top one is placed normal way and bottom one is turned around so opening is opposite way around. They are joined by two 1cm strips of card inside. So it can't be fully opened like a normal card put partly opened (as you can see in piccie) so it stands up no probs .

I cut two strips of background paper which I had in my stash. This is the flight element on my card.....birds in the sky......could be doves not sure.
I then went to trusty Google for Peace and Harmony images and found a perfect quote from the Deli Lama. This was mounted on white card stock with the corners round with a corner punch.
The top left symbol is the Ying and Yang for Harmony and bottom right is the symbol from Ban the Bomb for Peace.

So there you have my inspiration. I went for both Peace and Harmony with the twist of flight but you could go for either. Just let your imagination take flight!!!

Off you pop now to Unstampabelles (link in sidebar) and take a peep at my teamies inspirational creations....you won't be disappointed. Don't forget to click on their links and visit their blogs to give them some Love.

Have a fun week crafting and see you all in blogland. Bye for now from a bit warmer Cyprus x

No comments:

Post a Comment