Monday 5 January 2015

'Words to Inspire'

Good Morning everyone and a Happy New Year to you all. It's Wynn here from sunny Cyprus with my second post for the New Year and it's my honour to start off the 2015 challenges at Ooh La La.

I have chosen' Words to Inspire'. At this time of the year many words are spoken of love and encouragement for a better year ahead. It was with this in mind that I chose the theme. When you pop over to Ooh La La Challenges you will see that the design team have created some fabulous cards with some very thought provoking words to inspire you.

I created my card from the Ooh La La CD  'Say it with Words'. This CD is fabulous with a vast number of inspiring thoughts that you can choose from and the art work is wonderful.

 
I began with a piece of A4 card stock and shaped it using a dinner plate as a template. I went for a rounded shape to reflect the circle punches. The DP, the image and sentiment are all  from the same CD. I punched out scalloped circles in co-ordinated blues. I added a strip of pale blue DP across the centre adding some broad lace across to soften it, reflecting the lace of the butterfly's wings.. The two yellow wooden butterflies are cut off some ribbon that had beads etc. on it. I got it from Lidls', not too long ago.
 
These are the thought provoking words.
 
"A butterfly came flying by
And I thought I knew her face
She landed on my shoulder
And spread her wings of lace.
 
I looked and saw her smiling
And she winked and flew away
I'm sure I heard her whisper
We'll meet again one day"
 
Some people do say that butterflies are the souls of dear departed loved ones. Whatever you believe I think these words would bring comfort and inspiration.
 
There are some wonderful inspiring quotes over at Ooh La La so take a peep. I look forward to visiting your blogs and reading the inspiring words that you have used for your creations.
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Wynn, and such a wonderful sentiment.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Wynn....how do I find the blog as I would like to have a go xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie. Just click on the link in my side bar and it will take you straight there. xx

      Delete
  3. Brilliant challenge theme Wynn, and I think the Say It With Words CD was made for it! A beautiful quote and a beautiful card, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card wynn, i love butterflies and nice words

    ReplyDelete