Monday 8 April 2013

Beach Girl

Well would you believe it...........Winter's still here. So much for my optimistic post yesterday. Weather a bit gloomy and we can't see the sea today :( Never mind I've been cheering my self up crafting. I found some Duflex decoupage sheets hidden away in my stash and one is of a pretty girl playing in the water. As you can see it hasn't scanned too well and my scanner seems to be a bit grubby too grrrr Would have scanned it again but my scanner has now decided to go on holiday..........must get the camera sorted!!!
Duflex doen't really scan well either .....soooo shiney but yummy.....so colours are bit odd.But you can see Coral and Aqua clearly. I added a flower with flower brad in the centre to represent a sea urchin and starfish. The Martha Stewart edging punch helped to make 'waves' across the bottom plus the fuzzy edged Mulberry paper. The sentiment reads....'Here's to Happy Days' and 'Happy Birthday to you'. I found a great 'Beach Girl' topper with a flower on in my stash which worked beautifully with the scene.

I enjoyed making it so thought it was worth showing it to you even tho the scanning doesn't do it justice.
I'm entering this in Top Tip Tuesday challenge. So my tips for this week are:

TIP 1. For those who hate making bows cos they are soooo fiddley why not try this. Just cross your ribbon over and tie it in the middle with matching wire and hey presto a neat little bow.
 
TIP 2. I've used Mulberry paper on this card and wanted a fuzzy edge to represent waves.....in my mind. Fold your paper first , where you want to tear it, then dampen edge with a sponge, open up and tear along the crease. This is much easier than just pulling at the edge of  your paper as it doesn't always come off cleanly in my experience.
 
 
Challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday.....Boys and Girls
Crafts4eternity....colour recipe 118 sweet spring
Daring Cardmakers.....Coral and Aqua
Creative Corner Challenge.....Girly Birthday
DutchDareChallenge....Birthday Fun
Happy Campers Blog......Flower Power
Aud Sentiments challenge blog....card for child plus sentiment
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Just lovely! And you've put so much thought into all the little details on your card - wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna be a beach girl - very nice; love the colors!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, love the layout .. Thanks for joining in at Happy Campers x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. Love the design with the diecuts, flowers and edgepunch. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina DT Member at Top Tip Tuesday xx

    ReplyDelete