Sunday 29 January 2017

'Do What You Love' at CD Sunday

Good Morning crafters. It's time forpour new challenge at CD Sunday. The theme has been chosen by Pamela and it's something I know you are all going to enjoy as she wants you to create something, using either a technique you love or something you love.....so really anything goes. Don't forget there is always a yummy prize to be won but to be in with a chance of winning you must use something from a CD , however small. You can show us your creations without using a CD but you won't be considered for a prize but we'll still visit and send you some love!!

The winners of the challenge set by Pauline, 'Something New' .......are up on the challenge blog now ( link in sidebar). We had great fun visiting you all and your creations were inspiring!! This was a difficult task for Pauline but she has finally decided on her Top Three.

Here is my inspiration for this time.


Those who follow my blog know that I love making cards that are different shapes and that I love playing with boxes. So I thought what I great idea to combine the two and make an exploding box card!!

The CD I used was the Be Bunni 'Love Collection' by Cupcake Crafting and a section included this lovely wedding exploding box! It was simple to put together the main box and layers. I then decided to create a wedding cake for the centre by making two square boxes from white card stock. I wrapped narrow white ribbon around each one and then added tiny flat backed pearls. I did the same with the box lid. Then I found a cream rose in my stash. I thought white may be better but I didn't have one that was suitable. I draped some narrow white ribbon over the top box and secured it with the rose. Finally I added flat backed pearls to the ribbon. The 'wedding cake' was placed on a piece of silver card stock and adhered to the base. There were some tags in the set too but I didn't use them.....wasn't sure where to put them as they are larger than the side panels. I may add a greeting to them and place them loose in the box....decisions, decisions!!

I hope you have fun with this challenge and I look forward too seeing what you love!!!
Have a great week and I'll be visiting you shortly.

4 comments:

  1. Stunning work Wynn, love the exploding box I think I can see wedding images and papers on all the layers the cake in the middle and rose perfect finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your box Wynn. Wish I could make one as good as that. I think I had a try a long time ago but wasn't very successful - and it was from a kit I seem to remember.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful box, beautiful design and gorgeous colours, love your wedding cake in the middle. Something I have never done, perhaps I should try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and one that any bride and groom would treasure.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete