Monday 8 June 2015

# 182 Here Comes Summer

Good morning. Can I begin by saying that we had some fab entries for the # 181 'Circles and Squares' challenge that a chose for you......thank you. I have had a really difficult task trying to choose my top three. There were some very creative uses of circles and squares.......we have some very clever crafters in blog land.  If you pop over to the challenge blog now ( link in sidebar) you'll find out if you were a winner.....fingers crossed!!

Now for the next challenge at Ooh La La Allison is asking you to think of Summer. This is a favourite time of year for a lot of people with thoughts of sun, sea and sand or maybe camping and caravanning 'floats your boat'. What ever you think of when Summer is coming we want to see it in your crafty creations.

I thought about 'trying to keep cool' as Summers here in Cyprus are always really hot. So what better way to cool down than ice cones and ice lollipops. I found the perfect image on an Ooh La La CD, with the fab artwork of Shawn Jenkins. This is what I created......


It's a ice cream vendors stall using a shop awning idea from a You Tube tutorial......click link.....youtube 'shop awning'. This is only one of the many tutorials using the same basic idea. I'm sure if you do a search for 'awnings card' on You Tube you'll come up with many more. It was fairly easy to make and great fun.

The striped awning was card I had in my stash. The rest of the designer paper, ribbon strip, bow,sentiment and images are all from the Shawn Jenkins CD courtesy of OLL.

 
If you wish to purchase this CD just click on the OLL link
ooh-la-la-creations and it'll take you straight to the online store.
 
I hope you enjoy this challenge and I look forward to visiting you soon.
Have a great crafty week!!!


.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea - love those ice lollies, they look so cool!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever design Wynn, this is a brilliant card! So wish you could share some of that Cyprus sun with us though, as all that I would make would be a coffee stall, to get the heat up! Thanks for sharing the link, will check it out, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous summer card Wynn, such pretty sunny colours and great design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete